Finding the right addiction treatment center in North Carolina can be tough, particularly if you or a loved one are battling substance abuse. Addiction is an illness that can be treated, and there is help available closer than you may think. The following rehabs in North Carolina are among the finest. Read on to find the right addiction treatment center for you or a loved one.
1. Oasis Recovery Center
Oasis Recovery Center‘s unique Oasis Model is designed to fully support clients in every step of their recovery path, by meeting them where they are and growing with them.
The highly trained staff at Oasis help treat addiction through the following services offered:
- A Holistic Mindfulness Based Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Gender Specific Processing
- EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Lifetime Alumni
In addition, Oasis Recovery Center offers classes to treat the mind, body, and spirit of each client; not just their addiction with the following:
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Yoga Therapy
- Qi Yong Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
- + more!
2. Asheville Recovery Center
Asheville Recovery Center is a Partial Hospitalization Program, or PHP, which serves as an option for clients who need full-time day residential addiction treatment for a condition but who also want to live at home, in a sober living facility, or outside of traditional residential treatment. PHPs are often referred to as the step in-between residential treatment and outpatient services and offer a wider variety of addiction treatment options, such as:
- Holistic Therapy- yoga and meditation are available to help one learn mindfulness techniques, heal spiritually, and connect with peers.
- Individual Therapy- one on one sessions in which therapists build trust with clients and utilize techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy to help patients process difficult emotions and form healthy coping mechanisms to take with them.
- Group Therapy- the opportunity for patients to relate to each other’s experiences, process emotions, trauma, and hold one another accountable (monitored and directed by licensed therapists experienced in guiding group dynamics).
- 12 Step Facilitation- the opportunity to attend and participate in outside twelve-step fellowship meetings where one can seek a sponsor and work the steps as well as form a support network of friends with long-term sobriety.
- Intensive Outpatient Program- part-time program that allows more freedom for school, work, or other healthy commitments as the PHP treatments come to a close.
3. Asheville Detox Center
Asheville Detox Center is a medically-supervised detoxification facility that helps those struggling with addiction withdraw from drugs and alcohol as safely and comfortably as possible. Withdrawal usually has unpleasant side effects, so detoxing in a medical setting like Asheville Detox Center can ensure an individual’s safety and comfort.
ADC offers medical detox from alcohol, opioids, benzodiazepines, prescription drugs, and methamphetamine, in addition to:
- NAD+ IV Therapy– A person can receive this therapy by having an IV inserted through a vein in their arm and receiving nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide vitamins, a coenzyme that promotes cellular regeneration. Vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes are also given. This therapy counters the consequences of substance abuse and helps restore a client’s physical and mental health.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)- consists of using medication in combination with counseling and other therapeutic services to treat unpleasant, sometimes dangerous, withdrawal symptoms that clients may experience during the detoxification process. MAT allows those with addictions to have reduced withdrawal symptoms and cravings while also preventing dangerous side effects from occurring.
- Aftercare Preparation- helps patients find continuing, more intensive addiction care that is associated with a higher probability of long-term sobriety after completing detox. Asheville Detox Center will help you find which one of their affiliated intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and partial hospitalization programs (PHP) in the area are right for them.
4. Wilmington Treatment Center – Wilmington, NC
Wilmington Treatment Center is a rehab facility on the coast of North Carolina founded in 1984. This 187-bed center offers both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, as well as a drug and alcohol detox program and a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP).
Wilmington Treatment Center also has a “specialized treatment track for active-duty military members, veterans, retirees, military branch emblems, and first responders such as police officers, emergency medical technicians, and firefighters… to provide a supportive environment in which [they] can receive focused treatment for substance abuse, chemical dependency, and co-occurring mental health disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).” This specialized program is called Operation Recovery.
Wilmington Treatment Center also specializes in Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT).
5. Fellowship Hall
For 50 years, Fellowship Hall has been treating alcohol, opiate, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, and marijuana addiction, along with co-occurring disorders in the Greensboro area. Specialists at Fellowship Hall provide gender-responsive treatment, evidence-based, trauma-informed care, and when needed, medication assisted treatment as part of a 12 step philosophy center. As a not-for-profit organization, Fellowship uses the following treatment modalities:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Nutritional Therapy
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Continuing Care
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization)
- Relapse Prevention.
6. Pavillon Substance Use Disorder Treatment Center
Pavillon is a treatment center outside of Asheville, NC and Spartanburg, SC that was founded in 1996 as a private, not for profit rehab. Since then, their 6-week CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)-certified inpatient treatment program and medical detox have been treating addiction and co-occuring disorders with many available need-specific treatment options.
Pavillon Substance Use Disorder Treatment Center has a six-to-one average patient-to-counselor ratio and a dedicated alumni network, proving their attention to detail and each individual client. Their 160-acre property is a great NC option for addiction treatment.
7. Red Oak Recovery
Red Oak’s men’s program can be found north of Asheville, NC, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, while The Willows at Red Oak Recovery, our women’s program, is situated south of Asheville on a rolling landscape that is tranquil and serene. The Foothills at Red Oak Recovery is a treatment facility exclusive to young adults, and is the only facility of its kind in the United States. The Foothills are located in picturesque Ellenboro, NC which is located outside of Asheville in the surrounding area.
At Red Oak Recovery, a specialized blend of combined therapy modalities such as family counseling, experiential and adventure therapy, clinical rehabilitation, and 12-step addiction recovery programs are all used to help patients of all ages fight addiction.
8. Anuvia Prevention + Recovery Center
Anuvia Prevention + Recovery Center is a treatment center located in Charlotte, NC that specializes in “prevention, intervention, DWI/court, assessment, detoxification, outpatient treatment, and inpatient treatment.”
A non-profit founded in 1957 after the NC ABC Boards were asked to sponsor rehabilitative treatment programs and alcohol awareness education in North Carolina, Anuvia seeks to help educate individuals, parents, loved ones, and employees, and treat anyone struggling with addiction.
This center features youth drug and alcohol prevention programs, early intervention training for parents and mentors, and open training seminars for professional development. Most treatments and seminars at Anuvia are able to be administered in Spanish as well as English.
9. Freedom House Recovery Center
Freedom House Recovery Center is a treatment facility in The Triangle region of NC with a child and adolescent outpatient clinic, facility-based crisis & detoxification unit, and men’s and women’s halfway houses.
Freedom House offers unique programs like intensive in-home therapy, care for children of addicts, and parenting workshops and training. In addition, this treatment center also includes behavioral health care, comprehensive clinical assessments, medication management, and mobile crisis teams.
10. Crest View Recovery Center
Crest View Recovery Center, a drug treatment center in Asheville, NC, is accredited by The Joint Commission and sanctioned by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. This center’s goal is to “help clients identify their specific areas of concern and focus on the effect their behavior has on that area in life.”
To do so, Crest View implements a Reality Based Model, in which a therapist helps a patient to redirect his or her attention away from previous actions and focus on the present. In an effort to help patients, specialists focus on the person as a whole rather than exclusively on the person’s symptoms.
Crest View Recovery Center provides high quality care and services to patients covered by a variety of insurance plans.
Substance abuse is a difficult problem to deal with, particularly for those who are actively suffering from it. Finding the best addiction treatment center in North Carolina can be a tricky choice, particularly if you or your loved one is addicted. There is help available closer than you think, as substance addiction can be treated. Try contacting Oasis Recovery, or any other ranked treatment center today. Addiction treatment is a lot closer than you may think.